Browse by Categories
- Buy Wholesale from China- A Guide
- Tips to Buy Wholesale from China
- Things to Consider When Buying from China
- How to Ship From Shenzhen, China to the US?
- How To Select Promotional Gifts ?
- How to Calculate Shipping Cost?
- How to Place Orders
- Shipping Methods from China
- Branding & Logo Imprint
- Payment Methods
- OEM & ODM Services
- Ordering Samples
- Promotional Products Industry Stats
- sz-wholesale.com supports selected nonprofit organizations and educational institutions with free promotional products. Call us to find out if your organization qualifies for this program.
How to Find Trade Suppliers - The Best Wholesale Dropship Suppliers' Lists
In this Internet age, a wholesale dropship business is the ideal way to start an online venture. It is a very simple, convenient and successful way of doing business because considerations like production, sales and storage of the goods are not a problem. Moreover, there is no need for establishing and maintaining an office or warehouse. The needs of the customers and marketing and promotion are the only things you need to worry about. Yet, the key to success in this kind of business is finding the right wholesale dropship supplier.
Advantages Provided by Good Dropshippers
The main advantage of being associated with a good dropshipper is that the reseller won't have problems with delivery of orders, recovery of payments, or maintaining the same quality of the products as was shown to the customer at the time of the order. The right dropshipper will handle it all and the resellers will find their profits grow.
Finding a Good Dropship Supplier
The easy way is to spend a few dollars and get a dropshipping list that contains hundreds of company names, addresses and telephone numbers. But such lists are often outdated with out-of-service telephone numbers. After spending a lot of time trying to find a reliable dropshipper, it might be possible to establish contact with only a few companies. However, the obvious disadvantage would be that there must be many others who would have bought these outdated lists, and that they would also be contacting the few seemingly reliable companies. The result would be that there would be fierce competition for selling their products. As such, online low-cost dropshipping lists are not recommended.
There are many other ways of finding a good trade supplier. The Internet will provide reliable avenues by way of websites of wholesalers' forums that have useful guidelines regarding finding reliable companies. Moreover, by becoming a member of such a forum, a person can interact with other people who are willing to share their experiences and know-how regarding information about good dropshipping companies. Anyone who wishes to start this business should spend some time in researching online about these companies.
Wholesale dropship directories are also available and these will provide a good starting point for the search. Although dropshipping lists are not highly recommended some websites, like the one that offers Drop Ship Source Directory, have a subscription service. They update their resources every month and provide current lists of good and reliable dropshipping companies.
The local library is also a good place to visit because the librarian might be able to provide details about the people who can give information on manufacturers and wholesalers who are in the dropshipping business. The libraries also have books with lists regarding different products and their manufacturers. Useful information can also be obtained from magazines.
Starting a drop-shipping resale business would need some legwork particularly for contacting small scale manufacturers who might not have any objection to working with a reseller. Some of them might not even have heard of drop-shipping business, but the concept can be explained to them and an effort can be made to make them interested in it. All the manufacturers who are contacted might not be interested in such an arrangement, but even if just one good supplier agrees, the rewards will be well worth it. Basically, decide the types of products that you wish to deal in and then find out the manufacturers of those products.
The ideal situation is when a manufacturer agrees to the dropshipping arrangement. If this does not happen, the other alternative would be to locate the distributor of the product. Distributors normally carry a large inventory of the products and they distribute these products to smaller companies. The information regarding the distributors would be given by the manufacturers since they would be sensing that ultimately the sales of his products will go up. Most distributors would willingly accept the dropshipping arrangement, although this would mean that the cost to the reseller would go up by way of commission to the distributor. However, this arrangement should prove fruitful because it would be a reliable arrangement.
It is a good idea to scan trade magazines relating to the industry and products that a you are interested in. These publications carry advertisements of manufacturers and distributors and the listing of these ads are found on the back of the magazines. Since the ads are paid for by the manufacturers and distributors, there is less likelihood of the contacts and current addresses being wrong. The listings of these trade magazines can be found on most search engines like Yahoo! and Google. Another great source for names of products, brand names, and companies is the Thomas Register, which is absolutely free. It takes time to find what is needed, and all the companies might not be willing to go in for dropshipping arrangement. However, it is a great resource that can be tapped to one's advantage.
Essential Attributes to Look for in a Good Wholesale Supplier
Having short-listed a few trade suppliers using the above methods, it would be necessary to sift through them and find the best one who would be able to supply the best goods at the lowest price, and as per the required delivery schedule. The following tips will help the selection process.
1) The wholesale supplier should be able to supply different types of goods at heavily discounted rates. In order to make money in this business, get both generic and brand name products from the suppliers at great discounts. Getting the cheapest deals on the best wholesale products is the best way of competing with other resellers.
2) The trade supplier must be able to offer the best price, service, quality and speed in delivering materials. The supplier should have a secure payment method and should be willing to ship anywhere in the world.
3) The dropshipper should be able to provide for small home businesses and be able to meet all business needs, whether or not the ordered quantity is one or a few thousand. The dropshipper should also be willing to ship directly to the ultimate buyers and provide all necessary customer services.
4) The wholesale supplier should be willing to provide a sample of the product that the reseller intends to sell. This is needed to ensure that the product is of good quality, and that the wholesaler will ship exactly the same quality of merchandise to the customers.
5) A reseller must stay up to date on the wholesale supplier and distributor industry. Having adequate knowledge about the changes that are taking place in the buying market will enable the reseller to stay ahead of competitors. In order to prove his reliability and trustworthiness to his customers, the reseller must have a legitimate wholesale dropshippers' directory for being able to satisfy all business needs.
The success of a reseller depends largely on the selection of a good wholesale distributor and product supplier who can meet all selling needs. In order that the reseller can build up his reputation by giving good customer service to his clients, the wholesale dropshippers and suppliers should also be able to provide similar service to the reseller. Finding such a dropshipper will mean that the reseller will have to do thorough research based on the guidelines above.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4896352
Popular Giveaway Ideas
USB Memory Sticks
Paper Mouse Pads