Browse by Categories
- Buy Wholesale from China- A Guide
- Tips to Buy Wholesale from China
- Things to Consider When Buying from China
- How to Ship From Shenzhen, China to the US?
- How To Select Promotional Gifts ?
- How to Calculate Shipping Cost?
- How to Place Orders
- Shipping Methods from China
- Branding & Logo Imprint
- Payment Methods
- OEM & ODM Services
- Ordering Samples
- Promotional Products Industry Stats
- sz-wholesale.com supports selected nonprofit organizations and educational institutions with free promotional products. Call us to find out if your organization qualifies for this program.
Who Buys Promotional Items?
The promotional items and associated gift industry is a growth sector with sales soaring in to the billions. Have you ever wondered who buys all these promotional items? If you guessed that the top buyers are big spending blue chip businesses and organizations who want to advertise and market their product lines, you'd be wrong. An industry study identified the top twenty-five industries that purchases promotional items and gifts by the amount spent. The results below might well surprise you.
25. The petroleum industry, including gas stations, oil distributors and refineries
24. The travel industry, including airlines, bus, trains, cruise lines and travel agencies
23. Food processors and beverage bottlers
22. Retailers and shopping malls
21. Pharmaceutical and chemical companies
20. Utilities like gas, electric and telephone companies
19. Telecommunications companies like cell phone and internet providers
18. Computers and software manufacturers
17. Restaurants and bars
16. Wholesalers and distributors
15. Media, including the broadcast and print media
14. Hospitality industry, including hotels, motels, resorts and B&Bs
13. Entertainment and sporting events
12. The insurance industry - companies, agents and adjustors
11. Manufacturers not specified by industry
10. Professionals: doctors, dentists, accountants, solicitors, architects, etc
9. Automotive dealers, parts and supplies suppliers
8. Real estate agents, title companies, appraisers
7. Trade associations, civic organizations, professional associations
6. Government, including public offices, agencies and political candidates
5. Construction, including contractors and the building trade
4. Non-profit organizations
3. Healthcare organizations: hospitals, clinics and nursing homes
2. Financial institutions: banks, insuranceAnd the number one buyers of promotional items are:
1. Educational institutions, including schools, universities and one-off seminars
Interestingly, out of the top five consumers of promotional items and promotional products, four of them sell intangible products such as education, health care, financial services and ideas. What does this say about us as a nation? Maybe it suggests that the more intangible a product or gift item is, the more we feel the need for something physical to hold as a symbol of it... or the more we need to be enticed to invest in it.
When you're considering promotional items for use with an advertising marketing campaign, you might take a look at the most effective advertising promotions mounted by the top five industries. The effective uses of promotional items include promoting brand visibility, creating awareness, marketing new products, increasing sales of old products, boosting sales from existing customers and targeting products to new potential buyers. It is essential that you match the promotional items you choose to your marketing goals, your strategies and the overall image of your business to achieve the optimium effect.
If you need help or advice, most companies that sell promotional items have experienced planners on staff to help you effectively choose the best promotional advertising products for your needs.
For more information on business promotional items and products check out some of the leading online suppliers where you can tap into their wealth of experience to ensure that your next marketing campaign is well targeted and sets off on the right footing.
Tina Rinaudo is one of the leading lights in the UK promotional products industry. Tina is a key member of YesGifts, the UK's fastest growing online promotional items resource specialising in promotional pens, mugs, mouse mats, umbrellas, conference items and much more. For more information please visit www.yesgifts.co.uk.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/648583
Popular Giveaway Ideas
USB Memory Sticks
Paper Mouse Pads